Sunday, September 2, 2012

Progress Report on XIANNE, Volume Two

Yesterday, 9/1, I began the third (and what should be the final) edit/revision of the second installment of my tale, Xianne: A Comedy of Cultures. Chapter One, entitled Harry Dobbs, received a few changes of tense and a couple of tweaks in dialogue, but otherwise passed muster with me. I'm hoping that's indicative of how the rest of the job will go.

The action in Volume Two takes place primarily on the surface of the Moon, in and around the Lunar settlement of Sunita, near the headquarters of Captain Tom Duncan's Duncan Industries. Here, my narrator/protagonist, Jim, encounters four new characters from the crew of Xianne, whom I hope will prove to be as entertaining as those from Volume One. If I take at face value the comments I've received from Cynthia Shepp (Cynthia Shepp Book Reviews and Editing), who has had opportunity to read an early draft, then I have succeeded in making them so.

Please judge for yourself, however. Naturally, I hope everyone will check out Xianne: A Comedy of Cultures: Volume One, and then get ready for the soon-to-be-released Volume Two....

Xianne: A Comedy of Cultures: Volume One by Jayce Grayson

No comments:

Post a Comment